Translational Metabolomics Platform
Head: Luciana Hannibal
T: +49 761 270 43710
F: +49 761 270 45270
Medical Center – University of Freiburg
Center for Pediatrics
The Translational Metabolomic Core Facility is a research initiative of the Research Laboratory of Metabolism at the Centre for Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (ZKJ), Faculty of Medicine, University of Freiburg.
MetaboCF is led by Dr. Luciana Hannibal, Research Group Leader at the ZKJ, and is registered with the DFG’s Portal for Research Infrastructure (RIsources).
MetaboCF welcomes research projects from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Freiburg, other faculties of the University of Freiburg, and external collaborations and partnerships. You can view the User Agreement here (pdf, German).
MetaboCF supports the following directions in metabolomics:
- Targeted metabolomics (pathway-specific and multi-pathway)
- Metabolite profile Panels
- Product analysis in chemical and biochemical reactions
- Metabolic labelling (isotopic tracing)
- Disease-Focused Metabolomic Panels
- Standardization of biomarkers
MetaboCF has access to the following instrumentation:
- UPLC Nexera X2/QTRAP Sciex 6500+ (Sciex)
- TSQ Vantage TripleQuad (Thermo Scientific, in collaboration with ProtCF)
- GC-MS system (7890 GC system coupled to a 5975C mass spectrometer, Agilent)
- HPLC Waters 2965a with DAD and fraction collector
- Stopped-Flow with double mixer and dual UV-Vis/Fluorescence detection
- Plate reader (UV-vis, fluorescence)