More information about funding opportunities and about regular seminars. If you have information about an event or deadline that you would like to be posted here, please contact us.
All Events and Deadlines | Funding Deadlines | Meetings and Conferences | Seminars, Talks, and Training Events
Grant Writing for Scientists
4 June 2020 @ 9:00 – 5 June 2020 @ 17:00
Target group: Postdocs – Faculty of Medicine (EQUIP)
Pre-requisites: Pre-work: Please note that this workshop includes mandatory pre-work. Participants will be asked to prepare a short “mini-grant application“ (4 pages + Scientific CV) in preparation to the course, which will be due approx. 1 week before the start of the
Methods: The course consists of lecture-style sequences with active participation by the audience, dealing with the theory of good scientific writing, the basics of grant applications and the principles of different funding bodies, as well as hands-on exercises.
Writing a proposal means promoting your science! With your proposal you need to convince the reviewers that your project is more relevant, more important and more promising than those of your competitors and that hence the money should be going to you. This is not easily done and there are several do’s and don’ts to consider. The aim of this course is to familiarize participants with the strategies for successful grant applications to various funding bodies.
• Structure of grant applications and strategies for writing successful grant applications
• Principles of good scientific writing in English and introduction to general writing techniques
• Typical mistakes in writing Grant Applications
• Evaluation Procedures
• Introduction to the funding opportunities and special conditions of various funding bodies
• Best Practice-Models
• get introduced to general writing techniques
• learn strategies for writing successful grant applications
• write part of a grant application
• be introduced to the funding opportunities and special conditions of various funding bodies (i.e. BMBF, DFG, EU)
• learn evaluation procedures and evaluate the texts produced in the group
For more information and to register, please visit the Uniklinikum’s Fortbuildungskatalog: https://fortbildungskatalog.uniklinik-freiburg.de/default.aspx?pid=2046671333
Information about events and deadlines is provided as a convenience and does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by RE4CH or the Freiburg Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Although we make every effort to ensure information about events and deadlines is accurate, up to date and relevant, we cannot be held liable for incorrect information on this site (changes to details of events and deadlines are always possible), nor are we responsible for pages maintained by external providers.